How to Leverage AI for Influencer Marketing in 2024 and Beyond
From ChatGPT to PhotoShop’s AI photo editor, artificial intelligence tools are quickly becoming a part of our everyday lives — whether or not we’re ready to fully embrace AI and all of its complexities. While AI can streamline many parts of our lives, there’s an ongoing debate about its potentially negative aspects, such as its impact on job displacement, privacy issues, and other ethical dilemmas.
AI presents similar pros and cons for those of us in the influencer marketing space. On the positive side, AI-driven tools can help creators and brands gain insights that allow them to more effectively anticipate and meet audience needs, as well as optimize content creation. However, relying too heavily on AI can also take away the human touch and genuine experiences that form the foundation of influencer marketing.
So, how can we harness the power of AI — without sacrificing the authenticity that is necessary for successful influencer marketing campaigns?
Take advantage of AI’s key features via an influencer marketing platform.
One of the biggest benefits of AI is that it can automate some of your most difficult or time-consuming processes. So, use them to your advantage when you need additional support throughout your campaign workflow. For influencer marketers, it’s helpful to use influencer marketing platforms like Aspire, which have AI-powered tools that streamline tasks such as influencer discovery, campaign management, and performance analysis.
Work with influencers who are well-versed in AI tools for content enhancement.
AI can support content creators with their craft in a variety of ways. Creators are already using AI-driven tools, such as ChatGPT and Canva’s “Magic” editors, to:
- Find collaboration opportunities
- Identify current trends in their niche
- Refine the aesthetics of their content
- Write engaging voiceover scripts
- Generate better captions
By doing so, creators are speeding up their content creation processes.
Make sure your creators go back in to add their unique flair to their AI-generated captions, outreach emails, and the like to ensure they’re staying aligned to their personal brand.
When done right, these AI-savvy influencers can integrate AI into their content creation process to enhance their content without taking away their personal touch — ultimately making their lives easier, and thus maximizing the output for brands.
Implement AI to boost your IGC-based ads.
Repurposing content is not only a quick and cost-effective way to fuel all of your branded channels, but it’s also proven to bring in high returns. In fact, 63% of marketers say influencer content performs better than other brand-directed content, and ads using this kind of content get 4x higher click-through rates.
So, once your campaign is over, repurpose your top-performing influencer-generated content (IGC) into paid ads. Then, implement AI to optimize your ad campaigns and take them to the next level. There are many benefits to implementing AI in your advertising efforts, such as:
- Enhanced audience targeting: AI algorithms can analyze vast amounts of data to understand audience behavior and preferences, allowing advertisers to deliver personalized content and ads that resonate with their target audience.
- Improved campaign optimization: AI can analyze ad performance data and provide insights to optimize campaigns, leading to better results and higher ROI.
- Automation of ad creation and delivery: AI-powered tools can generate ad copy, images, and videos, reducing the time and effort required for content creation. Additionally, AI can automate the ad delivery process, ensuring ads reach the right audience at the right time.
- Measurement of ad impact: AI can analyze various metrics to measure the impact of ad campaigns, helping advertisers understand what works and make data-driven decisions for future campaigns. This in turn allows marketers to showcase tangible ROI to clients and stakeholders.
Note that if AI plays a major role in your brand’s ad campaigns, it’s smart to disclose its use in your content generation, as some platforms are requiring AI disclosure for certain types of ads.
Authenticity first, AI second.
Remember, authenticity is the cornerstone of influencer marketing. Instead of overly relying on AI systems for your influencer marketing initiatives, think of AI as a helpful support tool as you run your campaigns. As you leverage AI’s powerful technology, ensure that you also have a good balance of human creativity and intuition, putting in the extra effort to personalize and bring your campaigns to life with a human touch. Brands that can successfully manage this balance will be best prepared to develop more impactful — and authentic — campaigns in 2024 and beyond.
Gain access to more new influencer marketing insights and trends in our latest report, The State of Influencer Marketing 2024.